Your Identity In Christ
Your Identity In Christ – How God Sees You
You are dearly loved by God and a special treasure to Him. You are more valuable to God than anything else that He has created, and He longs for you to have intimacy with God and close fellowship with Him. Your identity in Christ and how God sees you is what is the truth of who you are. You are a priceless masterpiece, and God is constantly at work in your life and circumstances to mold & shape you to be the best you can be.
Many people mistakenly base their identity on the wrong things. Society will wrongly tell you that your identity is based on a variety of things that truthfully have nothing to do with who you really are. Other people will try to define who you are based on their opinions or perceptions.
Your Identity Is Not Based On What Society or Others Say
Although many people base their identity and who they are on what other people or society says, the only thing that really matters is who God says you are. Your identity in Christ is the truth of who you are.
You should never base your identity and who you are on the things that society and other people use to determine your value and who you are. Your identity in Christ is who you really are, and is not based on the following things:
- What you have (material things, money, possessions…)
- Your feelings or opinion of yourself
- Your successes or failures in the past
- What you do (your job, your role in your family…)
- Your income
- Your position or status (at work, at church, in the community…)
- Others’ opinions of you
Your Identity In Christ Is Your True Identity
Your identity in Christ is your true identity. Who God says you are in His Word is your true identity. God’s Word the Bible has a lot of information and great truths about your identity in Christ, who you really are in Christ.
Here is your true identity in Christ:
1. GOD SEES YOU AS HIS BELOVED CHILD
- 1 John 3:1-2 ” See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
- Romans 8:14-15 “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba!”
- Galatians 3:26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”
- Ephesians 5:2 “and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.”
2. JESUS CALLS YOU HIS FRIEND
- John 15:14-15 ” You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.”
- Proverbs 18:24 ” A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
3. GOD SEES YOU AS A SPECIAL TREASURE
- Deuteronomy 7:6 “For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.”
- Exodus 19:5 “Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own treasured possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine”
- Genesis 1:26, 31 “Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth… God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good.”
4. YOU ARE SPECIAL & PRECIOUS TO GOD
- Isaiah 43:4 “Since you are precious in My sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.”
- 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”
- Psalm 149:4 “For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.”
5. GOD LOVES YOU UNCONDITIONALLY (JUST AS YOU ARE)
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- 1 John 3:16 “We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
- Psalm 103:11-14 “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13 Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him. 14 For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust.”
6. GOD ACCEPTS YOU UNCONDITIONALLY (JUST AS YOU ARE)
- Ephesians 1:5 “He predestined (planned from the beginning) us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will”
- Romans 8:15 “For you have not received a spirit of slavery [a]leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
7. GOD CARES FOR YOU
- 1 Peter 5:7 “casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
- God cares about every detail, problem, need, hurt,… in your life
8. GOD SEES YOU AS HIS WORKMANSHIP – A PRICELESS MASTERPIECE
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are His workmanship (a priceless masterpiece), created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
9. GOD SEES YOU AS HEIRS TO HIS KINGDOM
- Romans 8:17 “and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.”
- Galatians 4:7 “Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.”
10. GOD ALSO SEES YOU AS:
- THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
- Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden”
- THE SALT OF THE EARTH
- Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.”
- THE RIGHTEOUS
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
- NOT GUILTY
- Romans 5:18-19 “So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. 19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.”
- 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- THE APPLE OF HIS EYE
- Psalm 17:8 “Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.”
Learn & Then Accept The Great Truths From The Bible On Your Identity In Christ
When you understand and then accept the truths of your identity in Christ and who you really are, you will live a more joyful life in Christ. Please remember:
YOU NEED TO SEE YOURSELF AS GOD SEES YOU.
A LOVE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS YOUR HIGHEST CALLING, YOUR HIGHEST PRIVILEGE, AND YOUR HIGHEST STATUS.
YOUR WORTH AND VALUE ARE DETERMINED BY YOUR LOVE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, NOT BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE OR DO, OR WHAT OTHER THINK….
“For God so loved the world (including you) that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
Pursuing Intimacy With God
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book
** New Expanded Edition of Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible Studies Book – 40% more material
eBook version of Pursuing Intimacy With God on Google Books
Pursuing Intimacy With God ebook Kindle version
Salvation: The Requirements for True Salvation
Preview the Pursuing Intimacy With God Studies Book
God’s Promises In The Bible – Part 2
8 Keys to Intimacy With God – Part 2
Read God’s Word The Bible – Part 2
Meditate on God’s Word The Bible
God’s Top Priority For The Church
Praise Is A Weapon for Spiritual Warfare
Quality Of Life School Outreach Project
Preach In Churches to Raise Up Witnesses & Missionaries