The Greatest of God’s Desires
The Desires of God’s Heart – Part 3
The Greatest of God’s Desires – God wants all men to be saved
In Part 1 and Part 2 we looked at 2 of God’s desires for Christians. The first of God’s desires is to have close and intimate fellowship with His children, for them to be one with Him, and have a partnership with God in His kingdom work and mission. The second of God’s desires for His children and followers is for us to be molded and transformed to be like His son Jesus… people of high quality and high character, and people of honor and glory.
In Part 3 we will look at one of God’s greatest desires in His heart. This is one of God’s desires that He has for every person in the world. None of us would be Christians and God’s children if it were not for this desire that God has in His heart.
God Wants All Men to Be Saved
1 Timothy 2:4 tells us that “God wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”
- God has a very strong desire and passion in His heart for “all men”… every person in the world, to be saved.
- To be saved means to have a restored personal relationship with God, to be forgiven of our sins, and instead of spending eternity under the judgement & punishment for our sins (and eternally separated from God) we are given the gift of eternal life in heaven with God.
- “to come to a knowledge of the truth” does not mean to only know about God and have some religious knowledge. In John 14:6 Jesus said “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life…”. “to come to a knowledge of the truth” means to know Jesus (the Truth) in personal and real ways, not just to know about Him in some religious way.
God Has A Great Passion For All to Be Saved
How strong is the desire in God’s heart for all people to be saved… for all people o have a reconciled relationship with Him ?
John 3:16 tells us that “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- The word “so” in “God so loved the world” is one of the smallest words in the English language. But it means SO much in this verse.
- God so loves us that He sent His only son Jesus from heaven to earth, to become the sacrifice and payment for all of our sins. We could not have a reconciled relationship with God without someone paying the price and penalty for our sins.
Jesus loves us so much and so passionately that He sacrificed everything for us
- He left His place of glory in heaven to come to earth
- Jesus came as a simple servant
- He owned nothing while He was here except His clothes… not a house, not anything
- Jesus suffered terribly for us, physically, emotionally, and ultimately spiritually
Jesus Suffered So Much For Us
- I would recommend that you read this report of how Jesus suffered physically. A Physician’s View of The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. This will give you a new perspective of how much God loves you, and how passionate He is for you. And how much Jesus was willing to suffer for you.
- Jesus also suffered emotionally. All of His closest followers denied and deserted Him when He was arrested.
- The worst suffering for Jesus was when our sins were placed on Him.
- Isaiah 53:6 – “We all, like sheep, have gone astray … and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”).
- Jesus took our place and suffered the spiritual separation from God that we deserve because of our sins.
- In Mark 15:34 Jesus cried out “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me ?”
- You can read more about this here: Did God Really Forsake Jesus When He Was Dying On The Cross ?
- Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
God Wants to Place His Love & His Desire Into Your Heart
God wants to put this great desire and passion He has for all to be saved into you and I. So that we are compelled & driven by His love and passion to do all we can to help others know Jesus. And help them to be saved. When we are driven by His great love and passion, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes to help people to be saved and have a restored relationship with God.
Follow Jesus And Be A Fisher of Men
Jesus called and commanded all of His followers to be a part of His kingdom work and mission in Matthew 4:19 and Matthew 28:19-20:
- Matthew 4:19 – “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- A fisher of men is someone who actively in their daily life does their best to share the Gospel with others.
- Matthew 28:19-20 – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- The 2nd part of God’s kingdom work & mission is to make disciples.
The only way for God to be able to place His desires and passion into you and I is for us to have a soft heart. A soft pliable, moldable and humble heart for God (Psalm 37:4). God needs to touch and change our hearts, so that we will desire and be passionate about the things God is. God is passionate about having close & intimate fellowship with us. He wants us to follow Him no matter what it takes or costs. And God wants us to be driven by His love & passion to reach the many lost people in the world.
Pursuing Intimacy With God
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book
** New Expanded Edition of Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible Studies Book – 40% more material
Ebook version of Pursuing Intimacy With God on Google Books
Pursuing Intimacy With God ebook Kindle version
Salvation: The Requirements for True Salvation
Preview the Pursuing Intimacy With God Studies Book
Why Should You Pray & Spend Time With God ?
The Keys To A Powerful Prayer Life
Prayer Is Passion For Seeking God
God’s Purpose & Mission For You And Your Church
Spiritual Gifts: All Christians Have Gifts
Jesus Wants To Heal You & Set You Free
Salvation & The Gospel of Jesus Christ