Purpose & Meaning In Life
Jesus Christ Is The Source of Purpose & Meaning In Life, Abundant Life,…
Many people attempt to reach God and find purpose & meaning by being a good religious person. Or they try philosophy, or being a good moral person. The problem is that religion and these other things will never solve our greatest problem of having a broken relationship with God because of our sins. Religion, philosophy, morality,… will also never fulfill our greatest needs (salvation, love, acceptance…), and ultimately they will never give us the purpose & meaning in life we all seek.
Whatever you are lacking or whatever is missing in your life, Jesus wants to give to you in overflowing measure. Jesus is “The Way, The Truth, and The Life” (John 14:6), and Jesus is the way to having a restored relationship with God, salvation, and ultimately eternal life in heaven (John 14:6, John 3:16). Jesus is The Source of purpose & meaning in life, and the abundant life that God wants to give us.
Go to Jesus with your emptiness, your needs or hurts or problems… He is The Source. He wants to give you great purpose & meaning in life, and to meet all of your needs. Jesus also wants to help you to be the very best person you can be… a person of high quality, high integrity, and a person of glory (full of His love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control), and a person of honor.
You will never have the full abundant life and purpose & meaning in life that Jesus wants you to have unless you are walking obediently with Him in an intimate and loving fellowship, because Jesus IS the abundant life.
Fulfillment, Satisfaction, Purpose & Meaning In Life:
- ” I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry… and never go thirsty.” – John 6:35
- “the one who feeds on me (fills their heart & soul with Jesus) will live because of me.” – John 6:57
- “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters… why spend your labor on what does not satisfy ? Listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. – Isaiah 55:1-3
- ” … I will satisfy your needs…” – Isaiah 58:11
- Jesus wants to give you purpose & meaning in life by involving you in His Kingdom work and mission. He wants His followers to play an important role in His Kingdom work and mission.
Direction, Guidance, Wisdom:
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “… I will guide you continually…” – Isaiah 58:11
- “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Prov. 3:5-6
- ” If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously…” – James 1:5
- ” I am the Way…” – John 14:6
Jesus is The Source to Meet Other Needs:
- Salvation (I Timothy 2:4, John 1:12, 3:16, 14:6; Acts 4:12, 16:30-31; Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-10)
- Forgiveness (I John 1:9, Isaiah 43:25, Psalm 103:12, Proverbs 28:13)
- Strength (2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Philippians 4:13)
- Contentment (Philippians 4:11-13, 1 Timothy 6:6-8)
- Power (John 15:5, 2 Timothy 1:7)
- Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- Help (Psalm 46:1, Psalm 54:4, I Peter 5:7, Hebrews 13:5-6)
- Confidence (2 Corinthians 3:4-6)
- Victory (Exodus 17:10-15, 2 Chronicles 20:6,12,17; Proverbs 21:31 , 2 Corinthians 2:14)
- Hope (Psalm 38:22, 42:5, 71:4-5; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18; Hebrews 6:19)
We encourage you to invest in your fellowship with Jesus by spending regular time with Him, by reading His word and in prayer. You need to walk closely with Jesus and faithfully follow Him in all areas of your life, because Jesus is The Source of great meaning & purpose in life, abundant life, and all of your other needs.
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
The Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible studies book includes hundreds of verses and great truths and promises from God’s Word.
Hear God’s Voice: Vital to Having Intimacy With God
Jesus: The Source of Abundant Life
Prayer Is Passion For Seeking & Knowing God
God’s Purposes For You & Your Church
The Kind of Christian & Church God Wants
Salvation & The Gospel of Jesus Christ
Share Hope & Love: Donate to Orphans With AIDS in Kenya