Thank God In All Circumstances – A Daily Lifestyle
God’s Word encourages us to thank God in all things. The obvious reason is to glorify God in all things and in all circumstances.
There are other reasons and benefits to us as well if we will thank God in all things. We need to develop of heartfelt lifestyle of praise & worship and to thank God for and in all things.
GIVE THANKS & LIVE A THANKFUL LIFESTYLE
- ” GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD’S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS.” – I THESSALONIANS 5:18
- “LET US COME BEFORE HIM WITH THANKSGIVING AND EXTOL HIM WITH
MUSIC AND SONG. FOR THE LORD IS A GREAT GOD, THE GREAT KING ABOVE ALL gods.” – PSALM 95:2-3
- COLOSSIANS 2:6-7
- 1 CHRONICLES 16:34
Thanksgiving is a key part of prayer. Praising God consists of 2 parts:
- ADORATION FOR HIS NATURE (the root of the word praise means to place high value on something or someone (God)
Thanking God in your prayer time does several things:
- GIVES ALL THE GLORY TO GOD, WHERE IT BELONGS.
- IT IS A VITAL PART OF LIVING BY FAITH, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GIVE THANKS FOR UNANSWERED PRAYERS IN FAITH.
- GIVING THANKS HELPS YOU “COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS”.
- IT LIFTS YOUR SPIRITS.
- GIVING THANKS BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO GOD.
- IT HELPS YOU REMEMBER THE GOOD THINGS GOD DOES FOR YOU.
Thank God for:
- HIS CONSTANT PRESENCE
- MATTHEW 28:20
- HEBREWS 13:5-6
- ANSWERED PRAYERS
- HIS GREAT LOVE FOR YOU
- HIS SON JESUS
- YOUR SALVATION
- YOUR SPOUSE, YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR FAMILY,…
- EVERYTHING YOU HAVE (HEALTH, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, JOB,…)
- EVERYTHING YOU DON’T HAVE (GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU)
- YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR CHURCH, YOUR PASTORS, YOUR S.S. CLASS OR SMALL GROUP…
- EVERY THING GOOD OR BAD IN YOUR LIFE.
Try thanking God in the bad things or difficulties that happen in your life.
- FOR HIS CARING FOR YOU, HIS LOVE, HIS PRESENCE…
- GOD’S PEACE & STRENGTH WILL HELP YOU THROUGH THE TROUBLE
- “REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS (especially when we don’t feel like it and when things are not going well)…
- THE LORD IS NEAR (always important to remember)…
- DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING,…
- BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING… (thank God for His answers to your prayers before you see them, thank Him for caring, thank Him for being near to you…)
- PRESENT YOUR REQUESTS TO GOD….
- AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS.” – PHILIPPIANS 4:4-7
Other Bible Verses
- Also See ROMANS 5:3-5
- JAMES 1:2-4
- ROMANS 8:28-29
- JEREMIAH 29:11
Start your prayer & fellowship time with God with praise & worship, to focus your mind and heart on Him. This will help you to hear God’s voice.
Finish your time with God (and continue throughout your day) by thanking Him. Thank God for who He is. Thank Him for His great love for you. Give thanks to God for His goodness and mercy…
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There is much more information on Prayer, Praise & Worship, Hearing God’s Voice, giving Thanks… and hundreds of great Biblical truths and promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible studies.