God’s Purpose For His People & His Church
God’s Word the Bible details God’s purpose for you and your church. God wants to give your life meaning and purpose. First with intimacy with God and a close relationship & fellowship with Him.
Second by giving you a partnership with Him and a key role in His Kingdom work and mission. God has a vital and significant purpose for you and your church in His redemptive work and mission. Sadly today many Christian and many churches have abandoned God’s purpose and mission for their own vision and mission.
The desire of God’s heart is that all people will have a reconciled and restored relationship with Him. That is why He sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the price for all people’s sin.
- Romans 3:23
- Romans 5:8
- Romans 6:23
- John 1:12
- John 3:16
- Acts 4:12
- I John 5:11-12
“God… who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” – I Timothy 2:4
“The Lord does not want anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9
“I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” – Luke 15:10
“I came to seek and save the lost.” – Luke 19:10
God’s main purpose & mission for Christians and for His church is to join Him in His work of reaching out to lost people who do not have Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and then investing in their lives to help them grow to be faithful disciples of Christ. God calls all Christians to be “fishers of men” and missionaries wherever they are, and to love others & share the Good News of Jesus with them, and then to help them to grow to be disciples:
- “Come follow me, Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men.” – Matthew 4:19
- “Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.” – Luke 14:23
- “Then Jesus came to them and said “All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. – Matthew 28:18-20
- “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” – Acts 1:8
- “On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria… Those who had been scattered preached the word (the Gospel) wherever they went. – Acts 8:1,4
Are you and your church being faithful in reaching out to others with God’s love and with the truth of the Good News of Jesus Christ ?
GOD’S PURPOSES FOR YOUR LIFE & HIS CHURCH:
- Fellowship with God (I Cor. 1:9) / Worship
(sacrifical living to please God; Luke 9:23, Romans 12:1-2, 2 Cor. 5:9, Galatians 2:20)
- Evangelism (tell others about Jesus: Matt. 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Acts 8:1,4)
- Discipleship (help others to grow more like Jesus; Matt. 28:20, Romans 8:29, 2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Fellowship with other Christians (Acts 1:14, Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Ministry/ Service (love God by loving & serving others; Matt. 20:26-28, Matt. 22:37-41)
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book.