HOW GOD SEES YOU (YOUR IDENTITY IN CHRIST)
You are dearly loved by God and a special treasure to Him. God sees you as more valuable to Him than anything else that He has created, and He longs for you to have intimacy with God and close fellowship with Him.
You are a priceless masterpiece, and He is constantly at work in your life and circumstances to mold & shape you to be the best you can be.
Our identity is not based on what we have or what we do, even though society will try to tell you otherwise. Your identity is not based on your successes or failures. You identity in Christ is your true identity. Who God says you are in His Word is your true identity.
Here is your true identity in Christ:
1. GOD SEES YOU AS HIS BELOVED CHILD
- I JOHN 3:1,2
- ROMANS 8:14-16
- GALATIANS 3:26
- EPHESIANS 5:2
2. JESUS CALLS YOU HIS FRIEND:
- JOHN 15:14-15
- PROVERBS 18:24
- JAMES 2:21-24
3. GOD SEES YOU AS A SPECIAL TREASURE:
- DEUTERONOMY 7:6
- EXODUS 19:5
- GENESIS 1:26
4. YOU ARE SPECIAL & PRECIOUS TO GOD:
- ISAIAH 43:4
- I PETER 2:9
- PSALM 149:4;9
5. GOD LOVES YOU UNCONDITIONALLY (JUST AS YOU ARE):
- ROMANS 5:8
- ROMANS 8:38-39
- I JOHN 3:16
- PSALM 103:11-22
6. GOD ACCEPTS YOU UNCONDITIONALLY (JUST AS YOU ARE):
- EPHESIANS 1:5
- ROMANS 8:15
7. GOD CARES FOR YOU:
- I PETER 5:7 (every detail, problem, need, hurt,… in your life)
8. GOD SEES YOU AS HIS WORKMANSHIP (HIS MASTERPIECE):
- EPHESIANS 2:10
9. GOD SEES YOU AS HEIRS TO HIS KINGDOM:
- ROMANS 8:17
- GALATIANS 4:7
10. GOD ALSO SEES YOU AS:
- THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD (MATTHEW 5:14)
- THE SALT OF THE EARTH (MATTHEW 5:13)
- THE RIGHTEOUS (2 CORINTHIANS 5:21)
- NOT GUILTY (ROMANS 5:18-19) (I JOHN 1:9)
- THE APPLE OF HIS EYE (PSALM 17:8)
- YOU NEED TO SEE YOURSELF AS GOD SEES YOU.
- A LOVE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS YOUR HIGHEST CALLING, YOUR HIGHEST PRIVILEGE, AND YOUR HIGHEST STATUS.
- YOUR WORTH AND VALUE ARE DETERMINED BY YOUR LOVE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, NOT BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE OR DO.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies.