Things We Will Do In Heaven
God’s Word details some of the things that those who place their faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior will do in heaven, which is also referred to as Paradise.
Here are some of the things that God’s Word the Bible show that God’s children will do in heaven:
WE WILL WORSHIP GOD
- Revelation 4:8-11 day and night they do not cease to say, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.” And when the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, to Him who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne, saying,“Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.
- Revelation 5:11-13 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.” And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
- Revelation 7:9-12 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, “Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.
WE WILL SERVE GOD
- He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations. – Revelation 2:26
- Revelation 5:10
- Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years. – Revelation 20:6
- Revelation 22:3
- (our assignments & duties will be rewards based on our faithfulness to God)
WE WILL ENJOY GOD’S PRESENCE AND FELLOWSHIP
- Revelation 21:5-7 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
WE WILL REIGN WITH GOD & HELP ADMINISTER THE KINGDOM
- Daniel 7:27 Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.
- Romans 8:16-17
- 2 Timothy 2:12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
- Revelation 2:26, 3:21, 5:10, 20:4,6 ; 22:5
WE WILL SHINE & SHARE IN JESUS’ GLORY FOREVER
- Daniel 12:2-3 Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
- Matthew 13:43
- Luke 9:28-31 Some eight days after these sayings, He took along Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray. And while He was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. 30 And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah, who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
- 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Revelation 19:7-9 Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His [a]bride has made herself ready.” It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the [b]saints. Then he said to me, “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.
- we will shine & share in Jesus’ glory, to the degree we are faithful to Him and grow like him here on earth
5 CROWNS SOME WILL RECEIVE IN HEAVEN
- Crown of Righteousness (2 Timothy 4:7-8)
- The Incorruptible Crown (I Corinthians 9:24-27)
- The Crown of Life (Revelation 2:10)
- Crown of Rejoicing (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)
- Crown of Glory (I Peter 5:1-4)
(there is more excellent info. on the 5 crowns in this article: 5 Crowns In Heaven)
Pursuing Intimacy With God
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies.