Seeking God With All Your Heart – Part 2
Are You Seeking God With All Your Heart ?
Seek God With All Your Heart
In the Bible, God’s word, God promises that if you are seeking God with all your heart then you will find Him. If you seek to know God in real and personal ways with all of your heart, then you will get to know God by Him revealing Himself to you.
If you commit to seek God’s will (ahead of your own will) and are seeking God with all your heart, then God will reveal His perfect will to you. When you seek God’s guidance and wisdom and are seeking God with all your heart, then God will personally guide you and give you His far superior wisdom for any decision, need, or situation.
Seek God With All Your Heart – Part 2
In Part 2 we will continue to look at what the Bible says about seeking God with all your heart. It would be good to ask God to search your heart and help you too see if you are truly seeking God with all your heart.
Are you seeking God ? Remember, seeking God is not some religious discipline that good Christians do in their daily life… seeking God with all your heart is all about having a passion in your heart for God.
You Need to Seek God to Have Intimacy With God
Intimacy with God and the fullest possible fellowship and partnership with Him comes as you desire and seek to know God, His plans, will and His ways. Prayer and spending time with God is all about desire & passion for God ; it is not a “religious” discipline in your Christian life.
- “If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways, so I may know you and continue to find favor with you… Show me your glory.” – Exodus 33:13,18
- Moses placed God first in His life, and He was continually seeking to know God, His will, and His ways
- “One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house (presence) of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in his temple.” – Psalm 27:4
- “O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory… you love is better than life…” – Psalm 63:1-3
“How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty ! My soul yearns even faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.” – Psalm 84:1-2
David had a desire and passion in His heart to seek God and continually be in His presence
- “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God ? – Sons of Korah (Psalm 42:1-2)
David’s Advice to Solomon
David gave Solomon his son and us some wise advice for our lives that encourages us to devote ourselves to seeking God with all your heart. He knew that in order to have intimacy with God and close fellowship with Him, as well as have the victorious and fruitful life that God wants us to have, we would need to devote ourselves to God and to seeking God with all your heart.
- “Now devote your heart and souls to seeking the Lord your God.” – I Chronicles 22:19
- “And you my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek Him he will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.” – I Chronicles 28:9
You Need to Seek God to Discover His Plans For You
The Bible clearly shows us that God has specific plans for our lives. God first has a great desire in His heart for all to be saved and have a reconciled relationship with Him (1 Timothy 2:4). For Christians God has a desire for us to have close fellowship and intimacy with God (1 Corinthians 1:9), and a partnership with Him in His kingdom mission of reaching lost people and making true disciples ( 1 Corinthians 1:9, Matthew 4:19, Matthew 28:19-20). He has specific plans for each one of us, His children.
In order to know God in real and personal ways, and to have close fellowship with Him, and to discover God’s great plans for us, you need to be continually seeking God with all your heart … by regularly / daily spending time with Him in prayer, reading God’s Word the Bible, and listening for His voice and asking Him to reveal His will and plans.
- “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. – Jeremiah 29:11-13
Other great verses to read on seeking God with all your heart
- Hosea 10:12 – “Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.”
- James 4:8 – “Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
- Deuteronomy 4:29 – “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
- 2 Chronicles 15:2 – “He went out to meet Asa and said to him, “Listen to me, Asa and all Judah and Benjamin. The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.”
- Proverbs 21:21 – “Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.”
Make God Your First Love, Your Treasure, and Your Passion
God loves us as His first love, His treasure, and His passion. Because God loves us so much, He wants us to love Him back that way. God wants us to pursue and seek Him first, above all other things or people.
- “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness (close fellowship and intimacy with God), and all these things will be given to you as well. – Matthew 6:33
- to seek first God’s kingdom means to have a partnership with God in His kingdom work & mission
- it means to place as first or top priority in your life God’s desire and mission for all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4) and to make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20)
- to seek first for God’s righteousness means to place as top or first priority in your life your relationship and fellowship with God.
- God main desire and call for your life is to have close fellowship and intimacy with God
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 – “God is faithful who has called you into fellowship with His son Jesus Christ.”
- In this verse the Greek word “koinania” is fellowship, and it means to have to closest possible intimate fellowship with God, oneness or complete unity with God, and a partnership with God in His kingdom work and mission.
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book
** New Expanded Edition of Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible Studies Book – 40% more material
Ebook version of Pursuing Intimacy With God on Google Books
Pursuing Intimacy With God ebook Kindle version
Salvation: The Requirements for True Salvation
Preview the Pursuing Intimacy With God Studies Book
The Keys To A Powerful Prayer Life
Prayer Is Passion For Seeking God
God’s Purpose & Mission For You And Your Church
Spiritual Gifts: All Christians Have Gifts
Jesus Wants To Heal You & Set You Free
The Kind of Christian & Church God Wants