To wait on God is difficult.
When we need to wait on God, it is one of the hardest things that He makes us do, especially during difficult times and trials. But in the end we will be far better off for the experience, if we can trust God and endure until He brings an end to the waiting time. When we look back at the difficult times that we have had to wait on God, we often see that these were very beneficial times in our lives spiritually. Our fellowship with God is often much deeper because of the difficulties and having to wait on God.
“Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.” – Psalm 66:8-12
“But now, this is what the LORD says- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” – Isaiah 43:1-2
God’s ultimate goal is for you to become more like Jesus… a person of honor, and high quality, Godly character, and a person of glory… “And we know that in all things (trials, difficulties, suffering) God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” – Romans 8:28-29
* “BUT THOSE WHO HOPE (WAIT) IN THE LORD WILL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH. THEY WILL SOAR ON WINGS LIKE EAGLES; THEY WILL RUN AND NOT GROW WEARY, THEY WILL WALK AND NOT BE FAINT.” – Isaiah 40:31
* “WAIT FOR THE LORD; BE STRONG AND TAKE HEART & WAIT FOR THE LORD.” – Psalm 27:14
* “GIVE EAR TO MY WORDS, O LORD, CONSIDER MY SIGHING. LISTEN TO MY CRY FOR HELP, MY KING AND MY GOD, FOR TO YOU I PRAY. IN THE MORNING, O LORD, YOU HEAR MY VOICE; IN THE MORNING I LAY MY REQUESTS BEFORE YOU AND WAIT IN EXPECTATION.” – Psalm 5:1-3
* REASONS WHY WE SHOULD WAIT ON GOD:
- To receive God’s direction and wisdom for our life. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
- To keep in step with God and His timing (Be One with Him)
- God may need to prepare us first before He answers, and before He can use us in His kingdom wotk and mission
- “He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. “ – Isaiah 49:2
- To stretch and strengthen our faith (to teach us to trust Him fully)
- God wants what is best for us
- see Isaiah 48:17-18 and Isaiah 55:8-9
- To ultimately experience God in new ways, and to grow in our experiential knowledge of Him and in our intimacy with God
- To learn to be humble and to learn submission
GOD’S PROCESS FOR MOLDING AND SHAPING US TO BE THE VERY BEST WE CAN BE (LIKE JESUS) SOMETIMES INVOLVES HIS DISCIPLINE – NOT PUNISHMENT, BUT MOLDING & SHAPING THROUGH TRIALS
* WE WAIT IN HOPE FOR THE LORD; HE IS OUR HELP AND OUR SHIELD.” – Psalm 33:20
* “MY SOUL WAIT IN SILENCE FOR GOD ONLY– FOR MY HOPE IS IN HIM.” – Psalm 62:5
* “WAIT FOR THE LORD AND KEEP HIS WAY. HE WILL EXALT YOU TO INHERIT THE LAND.” – Psalm 37:34
* OTHERS’ STRUGGLES WHILE WAITING:
- David – “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning. O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but [d]I have no rest.” – Psalm 22
- Jeremiah – “I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.” – Lamentations 3:19-26
- also read Habakkuk 1
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies.