Jesus Christ Is The Source of Abundant Life, and Purpose & Meaning In Life,…
Many people attempt to reach God by being a good religious person. The problem is that religion will never solve our greatest problem of having a broken relationship with God because of our sins. Religion will also never fulfill our greatest needs (salvation, love, acceptance…), and religion will never give us the abundant life that God wants us to have. Ultimately religion will never give us the purpose & meaning in life we all seek. Neither will philosophy, being a good moral person, or other things. Only Jesus Christ is the source of abundant life, and purpose & meaning in life.
Whatever you are lacking or whatever is missing in your life, Jesus wants to give to you in overflowing measure. Jesus is “The Way, The Truth, and The Life” (John 14:6), and Jesus is the way to having a restored relationship with God, salvation, and ultimately eternal life in heaven (John 14:6, John 3:16). Jesus is The Source of meaning & purpose in life. And Jesus Christ is The Source of abundant life.
Go to Jesus with your emptiness, your needs or hurts or problems… He is The Source. He wants to give you great meaning & purpose in life, to meet all of your needs… and Jesus Christ is the source of abundant life. Jesus also wants to help you to be the very best person you can be… a person of high quality, high integrity, and a person of glory (full of His love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control), and a person of honor.
You will never have the full abundant life and purpose & meaning in life that Jesus wants you to have unless you are walking obediently with Him in an intimate and loving fellowship, because Jesus Christ is The Source of abundant life.
Jesus Christ is The Source of Abundant Life:
- “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (abundant & eternal life).” – John 10:10
- “that you may be filled with the fullness of God – Ephesians 3:19 (full of Jesus’ love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control, power, strength, faith, holiness, purity, righteousness,…)
- ” Whoever believes in me, streams of living water (abundant life) will flow from within him.” – John 7:38
Fulfillment, Purpose, Satisfaction:
- ” I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry… and never go thirsty.” – John 6:35″… the one who feeds on me (fills their heart & soul with Jesus) will live because of me.” – John 6:57
- “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters… why spend your labor on what does not satisfy ? Listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. – Isaiah 55:1-3
- ” … I will satisfy your needs…” – Isaiah 58:11
- Jesus wants to give you meaning & purpose in life by involving you in His Kingdom work and mission. He wants His followers to play an important role in His Kingdom work and mission.
Direction, Guidance, Wisdom:
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “… I will guide you continually…” – Isaiah 58:11
- “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Prov. 3:5-6
- ” If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously…” – James 1:5
- ” I am the Way…” – John 14:6
- “God so loved the world (you and I) that he gave his one and only Son …” – John 3:16
- “God demonstrated his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- “… how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ for you.” – Ephesians 3:18
- “God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 5:3
- No one can or will love you as Jesus loves you, with an unconditional love that will endure forever
- “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” – John 15:11
- “I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices… you will fill me with joy in your presence…” – Psalm 16:8-9,11
- ” The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.” – Psalm 19:8
- “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast (fixed on you), because he trusts in you.” – Isaiah 26:3
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.” – John 14:27
- “The Lord is near. Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanks-giving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:5-7
- “Come to me (Jesus), all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
Healing, Health, Wholeness:
- “that you may be filled with the fullness of God” – Ephesians 3:19)
- ” He has sent me to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and release from darkness for the prisoners,… to comfort all who mourn… to bestow on them a crown of beauty, gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.” – Isaiah 61:1-3
- ” Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise your name.” – Psalm 142:7
- Names of God: “Jehova Rophe”- our healer, health, wholeness
- Jesus is known as “The Great Physician”
- Salvation (John 1:12, 3:16, 14:6; Acts 4:12, 16:30-31; Romans 6:23, 10:9-10)
- Forgiveness (I John 1:9, Isaiah 43:25, Psalm 103:12, Proverbs 28:13)
- Strength (2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Philippians 4:13)
- Contentment (Philippians 4:11-13, 1 Timothy 6:6-8)
- Power (John 15:5, 2 Timothy 1:7)
- Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- Help (Psalm 46:1, Psalm 54:4, I Peter 5:7, Hebrews 13:5-6)
- Confidence (2 Corinthians 3:4-6)
- Victory (Exodus 17:10-15, 2 Chronicles 20:6,12,17; Proverbs 21:31 , 2 Corinthians 2:14)
- Hope (Psalm 38:22, 42:5, 71:4-5; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18; Hebrews 6:19)
We encourage you to invest in your fellowship with Jesus by spending regular time with Him, by reading His word and in prayer. You need to walk closely with Jesus and faithfully follow Him in all areas of your life, because Jesus is The Source of great purpose & meaning in life, abundant life, and all of your other needs.
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
The Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible studies book includes hundreds of verses and great truths and promises from God’s Word.
Jesus: The Source of Abundant Life