You can learn to conquer your fear and share Jesus with confidence
In Part 1 of this series of articles on how you can share Jesus with confidence, we talked about how we are on God’s unbeatable team of 3. The first part of this unbeatable team of 3 is the powerful Word of God. There is great power in God’s Word and in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the power of God to save people from their sins and the eternal punishment that comes with sin. Knowing that God goes ahead of us (see John 5:17-20) and prepares hearts and the harvest (see Matthew 9:37) helps us to be able to share Jesus with confidence. Also knowing that we are not alone and we are on God’s unbeatable team of 3 will help you to share Jesus with confidence.
In Part 2 we talked about the 2nd part of our unbeatable team of 3, the action & power of the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit’s job to touch and open the heart of a sinner, and to convict the person of their sins., It is the Holy Spirit’s job to open their spiritual eyes and bring them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God (Acts 26:17-18), and to convince the person that he/she is a sinner that needs a Savior. It is the Holy Spirit’s job to reveal spiritual truth and that Jesus is the only One who can save them from their sins. Our job is simply to faithfully and obediently share the Gospel message with others (be the “fisher of men” that Jesus commands all of His people and followers to be in Matthew 4:19).
Now we come to the 3rd part of God’s unbeatable team of 3. So far we have the powerful Word of God, and the action & power of the Holy Spirit. But we still do not have anyone that is sharing the Gospel message. We still need a messenger. The 3rd part of the unbeatable team is … Us !
# 3 ON THE TEAM – US – THE FAITHFUL WITNESSES
- We have the honor and the joy of being on God’s unbeatable team & join Him in His mission.
- Sharing our faith is an important part of God’s plan for reaching the lost.
- We, the church, have the responsibility to share the Good News of Jesus with others:
- 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 “All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”
- Jesus made it clear that if we are to truly follow Him, we must be “fishers of men”:
Matthew 4:19 “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Acts 8:1-4 makes it clear that Jesus was commanding ALL of His disciples or followers to share the Gospel with others, not just pastors or missionaries or full time ministry people or church leaders.
“And on that day a great persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles… Therefore, those who had been scattered went about preaching the word.” – Acts 8:1,4
- All of the regular people of the church faithfully preached the Gospel, not just the apostles/pastors
- When Jesus revealed the coming of his Holy Spirit and his ministry to his disciples, he made it clear that both the work of the Holy Spirit and the witness of his followers are essential to His plan.
John 15:26-27- “I will send you the Spirit who comes from the Father and shows what is true. The Spirit will help you and will tell you about me. Then you will also tell others about me.”
- The power of the Holy Spirit makes ALL the difference!
- God will make you successful when you faithfully share Christ (He WILL accomplish what He wants to – Isaiah 55:11)
- The believer witnesses and God gives the harvest – This brings Glory to God (see John 15:8)
- All we have to do is to do our part – be faithful & share Christ in love and in the power of the Holy Spirit, and then leave all the results to God.
- When we faithfully share the Gospel, God promises that we will always be victorious in Jesus Christ !!!
2 Corinthians 2:14 “Thanks be to God, who always leads us victoriously in Christ, and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.”
- the context of the verses before and after this verse shows that Paul was specifically speaking of sharing the Gospel with others
If you will faithfully do your part, which is to share the Gospel with others, then the Holy Spirit will do His part, and God will make sure that everything He wants to accomplish will be accomplished. God produces the fruit and the results, for His glory and for His name sake.
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
The Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible studies book has hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises from God’s Word.