You Can Share Christ With Confidence
In a previous post I wrote about how as followers or disciples of Jesus we are to obey all that Jesus has commanded. This includes the difficult things He commands us to do. For most people, sharing Christ and the Gospel with others is a very difficult thing to do.
Research has shown that 2% or less of Christians share Christ with others. Despite the command of Jesus in Matthew 4:19 for people to follow Him and be “fishers of men“, most Christians today are not doing it. There are various reasons, but the most common reason is fear. Most people are afraid to share Jesus with others.
Today we start a 3 part series of articles that will hopefully help those who are afraid of sharing Christ with others. In fact, God can help us to get rid of the fear and actually go out and share Christ with others… with confidence.
First, you need to know that fear never comes from God. God’s Word in 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us “For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.” Fear comes from God’s enemy Satan.
God loves all people and wants them to be saved and have a restored relationship with Him and eventually spend eternity with Him in heaven. Satan on the other hand hates people, wants to destroy their lives, and ultimately wants people to spend eternity where he is going. One of the most effective weapons that he uses to try to stop people from being saved and having eternal life is to get God’s people to not share the Gospel with others, by making them afraid to do it.
With God’s help and the Holy Spirit providing boldness and courage, we can overcome this fear of sharing Christ with others. We can not only overcome the fear, we can actually go out and share Christ with confidence.
Our confidence comes in knowing and understanding that when we faithfully and obediently share Christ with others, we are actually joining God in the Kingdom work He is doing. We are joining an unbeatable team of 3 parts. In this article we will discuss the 1st part of our unbeatable team of 3.
- The 1st thing you need to understand: You are never alone in the work of sharing Christ with others. When you are faithful in being the witness God wants you to be, you are joining Him in His work.
John 5:17, 19-20 “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working…. I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.”
Matthew 9:37 – “The harvest is great, but the workers are few”. God has prepared a great harvest, but we are not going out to share Christ as we should. God goes ahead of us and prepares hearts and the harvest.
Romans 8:37- In all these things we are more than “conquerors” in Christ who loves us.
- Greek word for conquerer – Hupernikomen – this means that we are “super victors”, and it suggests a victory where our enemy is already completely defeated !
- When we join God in His work of sharing Jesus w/ others, we are actually on an Unbeatable Team of 3:
#1 ON THE TEAM – The WORD OF GOD:
- When we share the gospel we are sharing the powerful word of God
Hebrews 4:12 – “For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to the dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”.
- The word of God penetrates to the spirit level of life
- It judges the thoughts of the heart/ it converts/ it regenerates
- The Word of God transforms lives
Isaiah 55:11-13 “So is my word that goes out of my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
- God uses his word to accomplish his purposes
- He is at work in the hearts & minds of people today ! He is working to reach people who are separated from Him by their sins, trying to help them have a reconciled rel. with Him.
- God promises that He will take our sharing the Gospel with others and He will accomplish what He wants to
Romans 1:16- “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
- The Gospel of Christ is the power of God to deliver from sin and change lives.
- The Gospel is inbreathed with the mighty life-changing power of God
- There is great power in the Gospel and in the name of Jesus !
Most of us do not understand how powerful God’s Word and the Gospel are. When we share the Gospel we are sharing the powerful Word of God and the powerful name of Jesus, and it will accomplish what God wants to accomplish.
In the next article I will talk about the 2nd part of God’s unbeatable team of 3 – the action and power of the Holy Spirit.
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
The Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible studies book has hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises from God’s Word.