How To Successfully Share Christ
How To Successfully Share Christ With Others
Sharing Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit
In Matthew 4:19 Jesus told His followers “Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.” In a previous post we discussed that Jesus was not only talking to His followers that are pastors or church leaders or missionaries. Jesus was commanding all of His followers/disciples to go and continually share the Gospel with others in their daily lives.
When Jesus said “I will make you” fishers of men He was referring to the Holy Spirit. He was talking about how He would send the Holy Spirit to His faithful followers who would faithfully obey His command and share the Gospel with others. He would send the Holy Spirit to empower anyone who was willing to share the Gospel.
The Holy Spirit is the main key to how to successfully share Christ with others. By ourselves we do not have the ability, power, boldness, or courage to successfully share Christ. Jesus tells us in John 15:5 “Apart from Me you can do nothing.” (nothing of eternal significance). This verse especially applies to the 2 parts of God’s Kingdom work of sharing the Gospel and making disciples.
How can we successfully share Christ with others ? There are 3 keys to successfully sharing Christ and reaching lost people:
- Do your part – Share the Gospel with others
- you have to be faithful and obey Jesus’ command to be fishers of men.
- the only way you will fail in doing God’s mission is if you do not do your part.
- if you do your part and faithfully share the Gospel with others, God will make sure you are successful – this is to His glory (see John 15:8)
- Share the Gospel – In the Power of the Holy Spirit
- you need to pray for the Holy Spirit to empower you to share the Gospel
- God promises that He will empower you if you will do your part
- in Matthew 4:19 Jesus says “I will make you fishers of men” … if you follow Him and do your part
- in Acts 1:8 Jesus says “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Acts 2:47 says “And the LORD added to their number daily those who were being saved.” The church did their part and continually were sharing the Gospel with others, and thus God was able to do His part and produce great results and eternal fruit.
- also read Acts 11:21, I Thessalonians 1:5
- Leave the Results in God’s Hands
- when we try to produce results, or try to somehow manipulate or force things, we will fail.
- only God, through the Holy Spirit, can touch and open hearts, and convict of sin, and convince someone that they are a sinner and need a Savior. Only He can convince them that Jesus is the only One who can take away their sins and save them, the only Way to God.
- God uses us when we faithfully share Christ, and He produces the results and the fruit and the salvations.
What happens if the person we share with does not accept Christ and salvation does not occur ?
Does this mean that you failed ? Most Christians think that in order to be successful, the person must accept Christ and be saved. Many think they have failed if the person does not put their faith in Christ at that moment.
In God’s eyes, if you are doing your part and faithfully sharing Christ with others, then you are successful:
- In Isaiah 55:11 God says (promises): “so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will NOT return to me empty, but WILL accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
- God will accomplish what He wants to, if you do your part and share the Gospel.
- even if the person does not accept Christ, God is working in their heart & life, and they are at the least another step closer to salvation. Many times it is a process to lead someone to Christ.
We want to encourage you to be faithful and do your part in God’s mission work – share Christ with others. Pray for God to lead you to people that He is actively working in their hearts and lives, and give you “divine appointments” to share Christ with them.
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book
Why Should You Pray & Spend Time With God ?
Is Jesus Your First Love ? Part 2
God’s Purpose & Mission For You And Your Church
Spiritual Gifts: All Christians Have Gifts
Jesus Wants To Heal You & Set You Free
Religion vs Relationship With God