Salvation & the Gospel Of Jesus Christ
Welcome to the Pursuing Intimacy With God Bible study. This Bible study and ministry is dedicated to helping you to pursue and ultimately receive the fullest and most intimate fellowship and oneness and partnership with Jesus Christ.
There is one very critical issue that needs to be settled before you can ever begin to deepen your relationship and fellowship with God … do you have a reconciled personal relationship with God ? What are the requirements and details of Salvation & Gospel of Jesus Christ ?
It is often said about the various religions of the world that there are “many ways to God” or “the various religions all lead to the same God.” Is this true ? What does God’s Word the Bible have to say about Salvation & Gospel of Jesus Christ ? Is Jesus one of many ways to God, or is he The Way to salvation and a reconciled relationship with God ?
Salvation & Gospel of Jesus Christ
Step 1: God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life – abundant and eternal life:
- “We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Romans 5:1
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
- “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” – John 10:10
Step 2: The Problem – Our Sin & Separation From God:
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” – Romans 3:23
- “For the wages of sin is death (eternal separation from God), but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
- “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.” – Isaiah 59:2
- Our Attempts To Reach God:
- people have tried in many ways to bridge this gap and separation between themselves and God … good works, religion, philosophy, morality,… and none work … except One
- “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” – Proverbs 14:12
- Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one may come to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
Step 3: God’s Solution To Our Problem – Salvation & Gospel of Jesus Christ And The Cross:
- “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ.” – I Timothy 2:5
- “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.” – I Peter 3:18
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
Jesus is God’s answer and solution to our problem of sin, eternal separation from God, and eternal punishment for our sins.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
Step 4: Our Response: Receive Christ: you must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by faith and personal invitation
- “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” – Revelation 3:20
- “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” – John 1:12
- “That if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord”, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” – Romans 10:9
“Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” – Mark 1:14-15
“Yet to all who did receive him (Jesus), to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” – John 1:12
Jesus Wants to Be Your Lord Not Just Your Friend & Savior
Nearly everyone wants Jesus to be their friend. Nearly everyone wants Jesus to be their Savior and save them from their sins and the eternal punishment of hell. But many people do not really want Jesus to be their Lord. The Lord of their life. Which means to give up control and the rights to their life to Jesus. It may mean you need to give up your dreams and goals and plans, and accept Jesus’ will and plans instead. It may cost you a lot. Their is a cost to follow Jesus as Lord & Savior and be His disciple (a disciple is a learner & follower of Jesus). You need to commit your life to Jesus, and commit to follow Him as your Lord and Savior.
You Can Commit Your Life to Jesus
If you have never trusted and received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, but you are ready to do so, then you can do it right now:
1. Admit your need (“I am a sinner and I need a savior”)
2. Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
3. Believe with all of your heart that Jesus loves you and died for your sins and paid the price for them. Believe also that Jesus rose again from the grave after 3 days, and later ascended back to heaven.
4. Through prayer, talk to and invite Jesus Christ to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior, and commit to follow Him:
“Dear Lord, Thank you for loving me very much, and for sending Jesus to die for my sins. Lord, I have sins in my life. Please forgive me for all of my sins. And dear Lord Jesus, please come into my life, and be my Lord and Savior. I commit my life to you, to follow You and Your ways. And I repent and turn away from my sins, and I turn back to you. Please give me peace with God and eternal life in heaven. Please teach me your ways, and help me grow closer to you. In Jesus name. Amen.”
Assurance of Salvation
If you have done these things in your prayer to God – you truly repented of your sins, put all of your faith and hope in Jesus Christ, and received Him as your Lord & Savior and committed your life to Him and meant it with all your heart – then you for sure have a reconciled relationship with God, peace with God and eternal life, and new life in Jesus.
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” – Romans 10:13
“Those who have the Son (Jesus) have life. Those who do not have the Son do not have life. These things have I written, that you may know you have eternal life.” – I John 5:12-13
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book