Is Jesus Your First Love ? Part 2 (Idols)
Before we decide that we do not have any idols in our lives, we need God to examine our hearts.
We also need to honestly look into our hearts and ask the following questions:
- Is Jesus Your First Love (Idols) ? Do you have any idols in your life ?
- What do you treasure and value and desire most ?
- Matthew 6:21
- God wants to be your treasure, since He treasures you most
- What do you seek after or pursue most ?
- Proverbs 21:21
- Matthew 6:33
- God wants you to pursue and seek Him first
- What takes most of your time & focus & energy ?
- Colossians 3:1-5
- God wants you to set your heart and mind on Him and His kingdom
- What do you put your trust in ?
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- God wants you to trust in Him with all your heart
- What do you think will satisfy and fulfill you ?
- Isaiah 55:1-3
- Psalm 63:1-5
- Psalm 81
- John 10:10
- God wants to give you abundant life & fully fill and satisfy your heart & soul
- What are some things you are not willing to let go of ?
- Philippians 3:7-9
- you need to be willing to love and follow Jesus, whatever the cost
- Why do you do the things you do ?
- I Chronicles 28:9
- Matthew 22:37-40
- 2 Corinthians 5:9
- Your motives should be love for God and love for others
Is Jesus your first love ? (Idols ?)
Additional Bible verses to read:
“God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.” – Psalm 53:2
“Yet you have not called upon me… you have not wearied yourselves for me.” – Isaiah 43:22
“All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you. You have hidden your face from us and made us waste away because of our sins.” -Isaiah 64:6-7
“I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws…You will be my people, and I will be your God.” – Ezekiel 36:25-28
” I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord. They will be My people and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.” – Jeremiah 24:7
“If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14
” Even now, declares the Lord, return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning. Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.” – Joel 2:12-13
- Jesus wants to be your First Love, because you are His first love
- Jesus wants to be your treasure, because you are His treasure
- Jesus wants to be your passion, because you are His passion
Pursuing Intimacy With God is committed to helping you with the most important thing in your life… your intimacy with God , your fellowship with Him, and your partnership with God in His Kingdom work & mission.
There are hundreds of Bible verses and great truths & promises in the Pursuing Intimacy With God studies book