Faith Is Vital To Intimacy With God
HAVING FAITH IS VITAL TO HAVING CLOSE AND RIGHT FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD:
"But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord." - JAMES 1:6,7
- JAMES 2:21-26 (Faith without works is dead)
- HEBREWS 11:6 (You cannot please God without faith)
WHAT IS FAITH ?:
-"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.) - HEBREWS 11:1
"Real faith is not hoping to get what you want, but accepting what God gives you."
"Faith is confidence that what God promises or says will come to pass." (Experiencing God)
- 3 STAGES OF FAITH: (Charles Stanley)
1) Little Faith- "I believe God can do it, but I'm not sure He will. "
2) Strong Faith- "I believe God can do it, and I believe that He will. "
3) Perfect Faith- "It is already done. " (Supernatural Faith)
- WE HAVE NO FAITH OF OURSELVES - IT IS ALL FROM GOD:
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." - EPHESIANS 2:8
- "The apostles said to the Lord, "increase our faith." - LUKE 17:5
- "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith." - HEBREWS 12:2
PAUL HAD SUPERNATURAL FAITH AND LOVE/ DEVOTION/ PASSION FOR GOD (FROM JESUS) - I TIMOTHY 1:14