HEARING (AND OBEYING) GOD'S VOICE Hearing God's voice, seeking Him, and seeking His guidance and vision is the most important part of your prayer & fellowship time with God. Making prayer requests for yourself and for others is an important part of your prayer/fellowship time with God, but hearing His voice is by far the most important and vital part of your time with Him.
LISTENING TO GOD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF OUR TIME WITH HIM - IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW HIM AND HIS WILL & HIS CALLING FOR YOUR LIFE, & TO BE CLOSE AND ONE WITH HIM:
- " BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD". - PSALM 46:10
- "GUARD YOUR STEPS WHEN YOU GO TO THE HOUSE OF GOD. GO NEAR TO LISTEN RATHER THAN TO OFFER THE SACRIFICE OF FOOLS,... - ECCLESIASTES 5:1
- " WHETHER YOU TURN TO THE RIGHT OR TO THE LEFT, YOUR EARS WILL HEAR A VOICE BEHIND YOU, SAYING "THIS IS THE WAY; WALK IN IT."
- ISAIAH 30:21
- The Biblical word for listen means: to reverently and attentively listen, with the intent to follow or obey
YOU CANNOT BE A TRUE DISCIPLE (LEARNER AND FOLLOWER) OF JESUS UNLESS YOU LEARN TO HEAR HIS VOICE & FOLLOW AND OBEY HIM:
- " MY SHEEP FOLLOW ME BECAUSE THEY KNOW MY VOICE... MY SHEEP LISTEN TO MY VOICE; I KNOW THEM, AND THEY FOLLOW ME." - JOHN 10:4,27
- Martha and Mary (LUKE 10:38-42)
(don't be too busy that you don't have time to get to know Jesus and hear His voice)
WHY SHOULD WE LISTEN TO GOD & OBEY/FOLLOW HIM ?:
- "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE..." - JOHN 14:6
(if you want to know the best way through life, if you want to know truth, if you want the abundant life Jesus promised, then you must seek & follow Jesus)
- "MY SON, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAY; LISTEN CLOSELY TO MY WORDS. DO NOT LET THEM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT, KEEP THEM WITHIN YOUR HEART; FOR THEY ARE LIFE TO THOSE WHO FIND THEM AND HEALTH TO A MAN'S WHOLE BODY." - PROVERBS 4:20-22
- "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD AND OBEY IT." - LUKE 11:28