Dear Friends, please continue to pray for us. We are in the midst of a very busy time with many events to share Christ in schools and churches, as well as selling our house and preparing to move to Santos. We have also had a couple of health issues to deal with. We need your prayers for strength and for rest. We continue to see God's hand with us as we speak in churches and schools in the Sao Paulo area, and it is always a joy to see how He has opened and prepared many hearts to hear the wonderful Gospel message. We are also seeing that most of the schools we speak in are very open to working more with the churches we are going in with, and our hope is that by God's grace they will be able to help & guide & disciple the new believers and their families. Thanks so much for your prayers.
- Kevin & Nancy Acts 26:17-18 "I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me."
September Events & Results:
Sept. 14-16 : EMEF Flores da Cunha school ; Sapopemba - Sao Paulo
We worked with Pastor Enio and Igreja Batista Vila Primavera in this school located in a poor area in the East Zone of Sao Paulo. This was the 6th school that we have worked in with this church to share Christ, and they are always faithful and excited to share Christ and to see what God is going to do. We spoke to 18 classes of 1st to 4th graders on Monday morning, to 16 classes of 5th to 8th graders on Tuesday afternoon, and to 5 more classes for adults on Wed. night. God touched and prepared the hearts of many students and teachers, and they were very open to hear the Gospel. We praise God that 932 of the students and 21 teachers accepted Christ.
Nancy & interpreter Juninho sharing Christ Some of the students during recess Pr. Enio, interprs. Juninho & Andre, and our team
Interpreter Eduardo and I speaking in a class Nancy and interpreter Rodrigo sharing Christ Nancy and interpreter Alessandro in an adult night class
Sept. 20 : Preaching at Primeira Igreja Batista Sao Joao Climaco ; Sao Paulo
We have worked with Pastor Carlos and the church in 2 schools in the Sao Joao Climaco area in the South Zone of Sao Paulo. I spoke about God's desire and passion for all men to be saved, and I encouraged and challenged all members of the church to participate in the work of sharing Christ and reaching out to those without Him. The church responded very well to the message. In the end I shard the Gospel and 7 people accepted Christ.
Pastor Carlos and I and interpreter Pamella Preaching the message with Pamella The prayer time at the end of the service
Sept. 22-23 : Speaking at EMEF Francisco Bueno school ; Vila Industrial - Sao Paulo
We worked with Pastor Paulo and Igreja Batista Projeto Familia in this very poor area of Sao Paulo. They have many problems in this area with crime, drugs, alcoholism, violence,... The principal of the school was worried that we might have problems with some of the adolescent students in the classes because many come from broken homes and have many problems in their families, but God moved in a very special way here. The students and the teachers were great, and they were ready and very willing to hear about God's love for them and the Gospel. 395 of the students and 13 teachers accepted Christ. The principal has already talked to the church to schedule events and programs where the church can continue to help the students and their families.
Interpreter Eduardo and I speaking in a class Nancy and some of the students at recess Interpreters Regis & Gabi and our team
Sept. 27 : Preaching at Igreja Batista Projeto Familia ; Vila Industrial - Sao Paulo
The churches theme for the month of September was missions so they asked me to preach in one of their services. I spoke about God's call and missions, and how God's call for our lives is to have close fellowship with Him (I Cor. 1:9), and the closer we are to Jesus the more God will be able to use us for His kingdom and glory. I also challenged all members of the church to be fishers of men and that God wants all of us to be missionaries wherever we are. I also shared the Gospel at the end of the message, and God's Spirit moved in many hearts and 14 people accepted Christ.
Part of the church's worship team Preaching with interpreter Pamella Some of the people in the worship service
* Please continue to pray for us as we need to sell our house. We are in the process of buying an apartment in Santos, and we should be moving around the end of October. We will have 2 more school events in November in the Sao Paulo area after our move. Please also pray as we will begin to have meetings at schools in Santos and the surrounding cities in October, to schedule events for 2010.
* Please continue to pray for our son John, who is still looking for a job in the Atlanta area. He has been looking since he returned to the US in late June.
* It appears that the hemorrage behind my eye and the swelling of the optic nerve was caused by some medicine I used, and it appears to have improved slightly since I stopped using the medicine. Thankfully it was not caused by diabetes, hypertension, or a brain tumor. Thank you for praying.
* Please pray that God will bless and use the following upcoming events in October to reach many people for Christ , for His glory : Oct. 4 - Preach at Igreja Batista Vila Primavera - Sao Paulo ; Oct. 5-6 - Speak at EMEF Achilles school in Sao Mateus - Sao Paulo ; Oct. 13-15 - Speak in EE Mario Marques school in Vila Santa Clara - Sao Paulo ; Oct. 26-28 - Speak at EE Secundino school in Vila Prudente - Sao Paulo.
Special thanks to the interpreters that helped us in September: Juninho, Andre, Rodrigo, Eduardo, Alessandro, Elizabete, Pamella, Regis, Gabriela, Eduardo, and Victor. You are all very special to us and we appreciate your willingness to serve the Lord.
Check out our new Ministry Video Ministry Website Our Blog Ministry Calender