Dear Friends, We are excited about the new year and what God is doing, and we are anxious to start speaking in schools again. The summer vacation period ended in February, after Carnaval, and we will be starting to speak in schools soon. We are pretty well settled in our new city of Santos, and we praise God for the great reception we have received in the churches and schools. We have already started working with 6 churches in Santos, and we will be contacting churches in other nearby cities such as Guaruja, Sao Vicente, Cubatao, Praia Grande,... And we are praising God that we have already been able to schedule events in schools until August, and we will be contacting schools to schedule events for the rest of the year soon. Please join us in this spiritual battle for precious souls by praying for us, for the churches we are helping, and for the people we are reaching out to who are without Christ. Your prayers are absolutely vital in order for us to have success and victories in reaching people for Christ, and we appreciate your faithfulness in praying for us.
- Kevin & Nancy I Corinthians 1: 27-31 "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
Recent Events & Results:
January 31: Nancy sang & Kevin preached at Primeira Igreja Batista Santos
We recently have begun to work with Pastor Faustino and the church, which is located in downtown Santos. We will be working with them in a school in Santos in June, as well as doing other events & projects to share Jesus in the future. Pastor Faustino gave us the opportunity to sing and preach in his church, and it was a privilege to do so. We enjoyed getting to know some of the members and are looking forward to working with them. We praise God that 1 person accepted Christ at the end of the service.
Nancy singing "Because He Lives" Some of the people in the service Interpreter Elisa and I sharing Christ
February 21: Preach at Igreja Batista Marape in Santos
We will be speaking in 2 schools near Igreja Batista Marape in April and May. The church is led by Pastor Sidney, and it is a good church with many young people. There are many people from the church that will be helping us as interpreters in the schools. We will be helping them to share Christ in other ways as well in the future. God touched many hearts and the church responded well to the challenge to be faithful "fishers of men" and to join God in His work, and also 6 people accepted Christ after sharing the Gospel.
Pastor Sidney and I Preaching with interpreter Elisa The worship service at the church
February 28: Preach at Igreja Batista Ponta da Praia in Santos
Pastor Ezequias invited Nancy to sing and me to preach, since we are beginning to work with them to reach the lost in their community. Unfortunately Nancy could not sing because she was sick earlier in the week and her voice was still not well enough, so we will go back some other day so she can sing. We will be working with Pr. Ezequias and the church in a school nearby in June and in others in the future. We are also discussing other projects and events to help them to reach out to others without Christ. The church responded very well to God's voice and the message, and also after sharing the Gospel at the end of the service 13 people accepted Christ. Another blessing is that we met 9 people that night who want to help us as interpreters in the schools.
Pr. Ezequias, Alyne, and I The praise team leading worship Sharing Christ with interpreter Alyne
Prayer Requests & Praises
* Please pray that we may be able to sell our house in Sao Caetano. We are hoping to sell it soon. Since we are using our own money to fund our ministry we need the funds from the house to generate some interest income. At this point we are spending more than we are making because a good portion of our funds are tied up in the house.
* Please pray for us as we continue to have meetings at schools in Santos and the surrounding cities of Guaruja, Cubatao, Sao Vicente, Praia Grande,... to schedule events for the second half of 2010. We praise God for the doors that He has already opened for us to share Christ.
* Please pray that God will touch and save many people, and that He will be glorified by all that we do during the following upcoming events: March 8-9 : speak at a school in Sao Paulo ... March 15-17 : speak at a school in Sao Paulo ... March 21 : preach at Igreja Batista Nova Jerusalem in Santos ... March 29-30 : speak at a school in Santos.
* Please pray that God will bless & empower the churches we work with to be able to continue to help and teach and disciple the people that accept Christ.
Special thanks to Elisa and Alyne for helping us as interpreters in recent events. We appreciate your help and your willingness to serve the Lord.
Ministry Website Our Blog Ministry Calender Steps To Peace With God